The Marie H. Dixon Scholarship
THE APPLICATION PACKET MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 P.M. June 28, 2021
Fall Semester 2021
Click the Link Below for the;
Marie H. Dixon ASUNAA Scholarship Award Program Guidelines and Application PDF
The Albany State University National Alumni Association, Inc. (ASUNAA) established the ASUNAA Scholarship Award Program to recognize, encourage and reward undergraduate students who: are in good academic standing at Albany State University (ASU); demonstrate a financial need; have a record of leadership in school and in the community; have the potential to become active alumni who will support ASU and ASUNAA; and, contribute to their communities.
The ASUNAA has awarded scholarships to several students since its inception as an Association. In keeping with its tradition of assisting students, the ASUNAA Board of Directors is proud to offer financial assistance for the Fall Semester (2021) to students enrolled at ASU. Two (2) scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each is available for students to apply. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender, disability, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected status.
ELIGIBILITY- The Student:
- Was enrolled as a full-time student at ASU during the 2020-2021 academic school year.
- Will be enrolled as a full-time student at ASU during the Fall Semester of the 2021-2022 academic school year.
- Has a current cumulative grade point average (GPA)of 2.7 or higher and upon enrollment as a full-time student for the Fall Semester of the 2021-2022 academic school year.
- Can exhibit outstanding leadership abilities through specific activities and events.
- Can demonstrate a financial need.
- Is a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551.
APPLICATION PROCESS - How to Apply
- The completed application and all required documents (transcript – official or unofficial), letters of recommendation, and essay must be received electronically by 11:59 p.m. on June 28, 2021. The email address for submission of the application is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The funds awarded will be exclusively for tuition and will be paid directly to Albany State University.
- The application must be submitted on the form provided by the ASUNAA for the scholarship applied.
- The completed application and all required documents (transcript –official or unofficial), letters of recommendation, and essay must be received electronically in a packet with one cover email/letter.
- The transcript (official or unofficial) should be for your most recent completed academic term (2020-2021); reflect courses that are/will be in progress for Fall 2021 and cumulative GPA.
- The application must be neatly printed in black ink or typed.
- The application must be completed in its entirety, signed, and dated.
- An incomplete application, which also includes not having all the required documents, will not be considered.
- An application received after the date requested will not be reviewed.
- A recipient is eligible to receive one (1) award.
VERIFICATION OF POTENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT
The potential scholarship recipient’s application packet information as submitted / received is subject to verification by the ASUNAA Board of Directors whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the ASUNAA Scholarship Award Program. A potential scholarship recipient will not be awarded the scholarship unless and until the applicant’s eligibility has been verified and the participant has been notified that the verification is complete. Falsification of information will automatically disqualify a student from receiving the scholarship.
The ASUNAA Scholarship Committee will review each application eligible for review using established eligibility and application requirements for the scholarship. Committee members are required to sign a Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest Statement.
PUBLICITY – SCHOLARSHIP
Except where prohibited by law, participation in the ASUNAA Scholarship Award Program constitutes each applicant’s consent for the ASUNAA (and its designees; successors and assigns) use or distribution of the applicant’s name photographs, statements, hometown, state for promotional advertising in any manner or media including without limitation, online on websites and in social media, worldwide, in perpetuity and without payment, consideration notice review or consent.
NOTIFICATION OF AWARD AND DISBURSEMENT OF FUNDS
Please allow 5 weeks from the closing date of this scholarship program for selection decisions to be rendered. Notification of award will be sent electronically. The funds awarded ($1,000) will be disbursed to ASU for tuition for the Fall Semester of the 2021-2022 academic school year.
- The completed application and all required documents (transcript –official or unofficial), letters of recommendation, and essay must be received electronically by 11:59 p.m. on June 28, 2021. The email address for submission of the application is: email@example.com.
- For questions, please submit your inquiry in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org